Thursday, May 01, 2008

Featured Seller: Miss Alphabet!

Very cute plus size DIY from this cutie!:

I'm Liz and I run Miss Alphabet clothing! Miss Alphabet clothing started in 2004 as a venture to save money for a trip to Portland and it pretty much grew from there. Miss Alphabet has actually been my online handle since I was 12, and it's a reference to a song by The Glove called "Mr. Alphabet Says."

I've been on and off studying fashion at College of the Sequoias since 2002, and discovered the online DIY scene sometime in 2003 and decided to just take the plunge and start selling, rather than wait till I get a degree (which I still haven't gotten yet)! My overall look is a crazy mix of 80's punk, Barbie, vintage, Japanese street fashion, and little girl looks. So it's no surprise I get my inspirations from designers such as Betsey Johnson, Patricia Field, Vivienne Westwood, and Tarina Tarantino.

I've done quite a few runway shows as well, including a guerilla-style fashion show on the streets of Fresno; and shows at COS, Maystar's Fashion Whore and Pop Noir, as well as my first political fashion show, with a focus on body image and young women.

You can find my items at: missalphabet.etsy.com





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.