Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Featured Seller: Deconstructress

A little info about me:
I have a BA in English, minor in film. I started my professional career working in journalism, then PR. I started a biz in 2000 doing publicity, graphic design and editing for authors. That was fun, but crazy. Then I had my kids and couldn't keep up with that business.

About three years ago, I made my first dress when I was looking for a Halloween costume. I thought it would be cool to make a Corpse Bride dress. It was so fun to make, I decided to make two of them and sell one on Ebay. It sold at much more than I expected and I got a lot of requests for more. I spent that whole year gathering supplies and making more dresses to sell the following Halloween. Every one sold and I had so much fun, I decided to make it into a full-time business.

I got my own studio this year and do this as a full-time career now. My dresses have sold as costumes, wedding gowns, prom dresses and even as costumes for a ballet. I love what I do and spend a lot of time at my studio with my two little ones.

You can find me at:
deconstructress.etsy.com
deconstructressdesigns.com
myspace.com/deconstructress
deconstructress.blogspot.com

Here are some of my favorite items:

The Starry Night Fairy Gown


The Corpse Bride


The Absinthe Fairy Gown

1 comment:

bunbungirl said...

Hi. Is the Japanese animated cartoon good?
Your site is interesting for me
I want to often visit your site from now on.
If you are interested in Anime, please link to my site.
My site has information about Japanese culture
(For example, Japanese manga, animation, games, cosplay, Japanese foods).
Please add this site to your blog roll.
http://japanesefood-cultuer-history-anime.blogspot.com/