Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Featured Seller: Devil and Mouse!

My name is Kim and I am a Los Angeles based artist who created Devil and Mouse out of a burning desire to be doing what I loved for a living.

It all began several years ago. I was working at a 9 to 5 office job (well, more like 12-7) where I really felt out of my element sitting at a desk in front of a computer all day long with a phone at my ear. I felt that I was ready for a change and I needed to take action soon. I didn't know what I wanted to do exactly but having a fine arts degree and background made me certain that it was going to be something artistic and creatively satisfying. These thoughts motivated me to start up my own business. Within 6 months or so and after much exploring and experimenting, I started designing the jewelry that I make now. Once I made the decision to do this, I quit my job and never looked back. I teamed up with my husband Marc who happens to be brilliantly creative and together we've kept things going well so far.

It's been great getting out there and promoting our work not only online but at craft shows and the odd roller derby bout here in Los Angeles. We are really pleased that the people who have seen our work really love it. It's a constant motivator for us to work harder and come up with new designs.

To get your own Devil and Mouse creation, make a custom order at: http://www.devilandmouse.com

To shop for ready made items, check out our Etsy store at: http://devilandmouse.etsy.com








No comments: