Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween Pt. 2

I meant to have more things sewn, but I've had a slew of last minute costume requests! I usually have a lot of last minute requests, and they are fun. However, the Sucker Punch costumes I've been working on have to be put to the side. Oh well. I'll finish them eventually. ;)

I have donated a waist cincher for a Halloween contest my friend Lex is having over at What The Craft. I think you should go on over and check out the other fantastic goodies you could win!

http://whatthecraft.com/handmade-giveaway-halloween-extravaganza/

How To Save on YOUR Halloween Costume!

So, besides the other costumes I'm working on, I'm still slowly finishing up the male/female joker costumes for a local couple. I've been working on it in pieces in-between other costumes. I wanted to show you what I did this week!

The guy wanted some purple striped pants like the Heath Ledger Joker character. Those pants are very hard to find, and if you do find them, they are expensive. Finding the exact material to make them myself, don't even ask. So, I advised them to go to the thrift store and find a few things I could dye. I've already dyed a trench coat purple. I decorated a black corset (I added a heart, spade, etc.) they found and used part of a nylon nightie they also purchased to make a skirt.

They also found a pair of gray pinstripe pants. The pants are 80% polyester, so I knew RIT wasn't going to work. I used iDye for Polyester in purple to get the right color. The pants aren't ironed yet, but you can see the dramatic difference:




Anyway, I have to get back to the sewing machine now. Here's my new mannequin, in bad indoor lighting:

No comments: