Friday, February 15, 2008

Featured Seller: Black Kitten Accessories

My name is Mary, I'm 24 years old and I live in Minot, North Dakota. I moved here in September of 2007, because my husband is in the military. It's very cold, and not very pretty out here, but I'm looking forward to our next move in February of 2009. We will be moving to Arizona, and that makes me really happy because I know of a lot of craft fairs that go on out there.

I first realized my love for making things, when I was about 10 years old. My mom bought me some beads and wire, and I would make necklaces for her and my younger sister. Then as I got older, I'd make beaded rings and necklaces for my friends in school. Then I got into charms. I found a fantastic charm and bead store in the mall where I lived at the time, and I bought a whole bunch of charms so I could make necklaces for myself and my friends. I never sold anything, it didn't even really occur to me. I just liked doing it.

Just last year I was surfing around myspace, when I found a myspace profile with a link to a place called Etsy. I figured I would check it out. My eyes went wide as I realized this was a whole website devoted to diy. Right then and there I made up my mind to open a shop. I got so excited I sat in my room and brainstormed for ideas for my store name, my logo, and where I would get my business cards. My store has only been open since March of 2007, but I'm hoping to keep it running for many years to come. I really enjoy finding things to make jewelry out of, and selling it to someone who truly loves what I've made, makes me incredibly happy.

I'm now a member of the DIYscene Etsy Street Team, and I couldn't ask for a cooler group of diyers. They are incredibly supportive, and their creativity really rubs off on you. Next I'm gonna try my hand at polymer clay!

Etsy: www.marianblack83.etsy.com
Myspace: www.myspace.com/blackkittenaccessories







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for featuring me Mara, you are the best! ;)

xxxooo Mary